Saturday, November 7, 2009

Installing SPIKE 2.9 on ubuntu 9.10

This is the my first blog so pardon me for any mistakes that I make.

I just downloaded SPIKE 2.9 .. but I could find a easy way to get it up and running...
to fix my problem I have looked up both spike mailing list and ubuntu forum. This is the conclusion by which i could compile SPIKE on my system.

Now lets start

The really dumb stuff...
sudo apt-get install gawk
export
./configure
make clean
make ............ will produce a series of errors


ERROR 101
This will be the definite first kind of error that you will come across while compiling SPIKE

hidden symbol `__stack_chk_fail_local' ............
...
The solution for this .. at least what worked for me :

Find a reference to "CFLAGS" and follow up to where CFLAG is defined
edit its value by adding "-fno-stack-protector"... It a required because of stack smashing protection... This flag will disable the default stack smashing protection.

To know more about it visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=418234

ERR 102

Error in anyway referring to libdlrpc.so
To solve this
Open Makefile and start looking for "libdlrpc.so: dlrpc.o dlargs.o $(SPIKE_OBS)" dont worry I will attach my make file along with blog..

What I did was simple...

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the /path/to/spike/src

use either of these.. actually try both ... I got it right with 2nd one
1 ..... ld -dynamic -flat_namespace -bundle -undefined suppress -o libdlrpc.so -lc -ldl dlrpc.o dlargs.o $(SPIKE_OBS)

or

2...... ld -shared -soname libdlrpc.so -o libdlrpc.so -lc dlrpc.o dlargs.o $(SPIKE_OBS)

You can download the Makefile http://pastebin.com/f73813c14


Any prob. bug me...

No comments:

Post a Comment